Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Family work day(s)

Last weekend, a friend totally blessed us with an incredible table, bed, and and armoir.
Our queen size bedding doesn't quite make the cut for this king size bed! I would also like to highlight the painting (still working on a frame) on the wall done by my talented husband! He loves working with oils and also enjoys shaping and designing surfboards. You can barely see one he did in the far right corner of our room. That's a story for another time.

In this picture, you will notice our old bed taking up half our wall (and imposing on our new armoir)! It's a great bed and in transition until we decide where it'll go.
Nick hasn't quite captured my enjoyment of "framing" non picture items like these candles. But like everything else, he's gracious and let's me "do my thing! Thanks, babe! :)

You may have notice, though, the very plastic white chairs at our new, not-so-plastic table. As nice as these "temporary" chairs have been, it was time for an upgrade. So the search began.

Within a few days, I found these chairs FREE on freecycle.com. *Quick sidenote, there's a lot of random stuff being offered through this site, but like any good find, patience and prudence pays!*
With a little TLC, some new upholstering, and paint, we'll be enjoying these dining delights by the end of the week!

Along with the chair project we spent the weekend building a new and improved, sturdy surf rack (my husband took the lead on this one and did such a great job!).

(He didn't really want to be in the picture, but he's such a great sport!)

Along with sanding chairs, staining, painting, upholstering, building a surf rack, assembling our "new" king size bed, we got in some sun, surf (best session in sometime now!), and....studying for my exam today. I start my maternity rotation in the hospital this week! Pretty excited :) Stay tuned for the final look at our chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment