Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Starfish

I love summer. The weather. The schedule. The backyard BBQs. The parties. The projects. The friends and family.

Yesterday, I took a break from studying, paperwork, cleaning, and cooking to make a summer wreath. I've been wanting to work on this since the first week of May (when I bought the foam wreath).

Here's the long awaited, recycled, summer wreath:


 I purchased the printable Patterned Paper Collection from Jones Design Company.
LOVE IT!
The cord holding the flag letters and heart ornament is from an old Pink/Victoria Secret gift bag!

.
 I found this piece of net in a pile of washaway debris while walking on the beach with my husband in Kauai just a few weeks ago. I knew it would be put to use!


My iPhone doesn't have the best photo-taking capabilities, but this cute heart ornament came from one of my favorite, local stores, Cinnamon Girl. It came in a pack of 10-12 and cost $7 w/30% off, after-Christmas sale. They come in handy when embellishing gifts and....summer wreaths :)


And yes, this is a recycled top. I have a bad habit of leaving on the price tags of new clothes. I think it's because I usually buy second-hand, so when I buy new, I don't want to take off the tag until I know for sure I'm not going to have buyers-remorse and take it back (and buy a few, cute second-hand tops for the price of the one new top). Problem is, I put it on, like it, and forget about the dangling tag. My husband has learned quickly to inspect new outfits.
So, as a secret joke, I left on this tag, which he won't know about until he reads this post (which he does read my blog..... right, babe?) :)

I used SO MANY satin pins to nicely fit the strips of shirt to the foam that my fingers were too sore to blog last night :) But here it is no, and I hope you get a little inspiration and enjoy the wreath!

I mentioned Jones Design Company above, and she just posted her Summer Wreath Tutorial (which is really cute). I was just a day too early to utilize her tutorial, which might've saved me a few finger pokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment