Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Projects #3 and #4

My two week summer break has been full of closet cleaning, household organization, surfing, and a few fun projects. I've been getting a lot of inspiration from a few websites that are full of great ideas (posted to the left). Centsational Girl has a wonderful DIY section that's worth checking out, and Tip Junkie is full of great ideas!
In the meanwhile, here's a peak at what I'm excited about:

I recently went to Reuse Hawaii and grabbed a few of these guys.
...to make:
I then picked up scraps from the bin at City Mill and stopped by the shelf with all the "oops" paint (well, actually, it was a peachy color, but the City Mill lady said she'd try to make it 'green-ish' if I didn't tell anyone....SCORE!), totalling $10 for the drawers, wood, and paint!
This drying rack will soon be tucked nicely up on my laundry room wall except when in use.
The shelves....not sure where they're going witht their matching vases (made from Red Stripe bottles), but they were fun to make.

1 comment:

  1. Such fun ideas! Man I miss being around your creative mind:) Someday if I have my own space I would love to do something similiar!!!

    ReplyDelete