Monday, July 11, 2011

Sip & See (the baby!)

This past Saturday, I hosted my first Sip and See party for my dear friend and her precious two month old. I invited all the girlfriends over to sip some sparkling beverages and welcome baby Olivia to her first girl party.

It was nice to visit and see how the little one has grown and both her and mom are healthy and happy!

While we were enjoying the shade of our patio umbrella, a down pour of rain snuck up on us, the food, and goodies. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture before the rain came, but I snapped a quick one after the party - what was left that wasn't soaked by the surprise attack!

I did find The Wedding Chicks who print cute monograms for FREE! Just fill out the information and a monogram pops up! Right click the image, save, and use how ever you want! Here's what I used for this party:

I used these as cupcake topper/flags and to seal the paper cones I made to hold yogurt pretzels (yotzels!).

These got a little wet, as you can see by the crumpling of the paper cones. I used the striped paper from JDC's patterned paper collection!

We ended the evening with a closet swap - out with the old, in with new...ish! Always fun and I love finding a newish outfit for FREE! In fact, I'm wearing one of the dresses right now!

Lesson learned: snap pictures before the guests (and rain) arrive! Hopefully I can get a few more at the next few baby events I'm hosting this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment