Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Create your own coasters!

Supplies:
Tiles (I used 4x4 noce but any will work)
Tissue Paper
Printer
Tape
Mod Podge
Sponge applicator
Sealer (I used gloss finish but I'm sure matte would look great, too!)
Felt pads (I might do the rubber ones next time)


1. Select the photos you want (add any effects, I used Sepia)
2. Cut and tape tissue paper to printer paper (I printed 3x5 pictures so my tissue paper was about 5x5.
3. Print pictures onto the tissue paper (use print preview to make sure your picture and tissue paper align!)
4. Cut or rip edges of photos (carefully!) to fit the coaster. I ripped the edges slightly smaller than the tiles to leave a border.
5. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the coaster (not too thick).
6. Add your photo
7. Do the same for all of your coasters.
8. Let Mod Podge dry for about 15 minutes, then add at least 3 more layers (minimum four but you can add more layers!) with drying time between each application.
9. Follow directions on the Sealer to seal and protect your photo.
10. Add felt pads to the bottom corners!
And enjoy your new, personalized coasters!

I making a set with the fruit of the spirit in fun lettering. The options for creativity and personalization are endless! I'll post some pictures of my newest set when I finish them up :)

1 comment: