Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Warriors

So, our weekends continue to focus mainly on projects and, of course, surf. Today included an extended trip to the northshore surfing with our good buddy, Matt. Good times! Here's what we worked on this weekend:

1. Finished the chairs for our table.
For the brief story on how I got these FREE chairs, check out Family Work Days.

Before

After


2. Using the scraps and a picture frame I picked up for $2, I made a centerpiece (the candles could use a little help!).

 

3. I had a friend over and we worked on some coaster. She used pictures from her trip to Europe with her husband, and I used wedding photos. I'll post a "how to" for those interested!
 All the while, Nick has been working on trim/moulding for the bar window between our kitchen and dining room, when he finishes, I'll post a picture!


Between projects, surf, and theoretical studying (oops), I've been cooking, cleaning, crafting, and now blogging :) We also strolled through the home remodeling expo and got some great ideas for our patio (a bigger project down the road), our dining room/kitchen, and aquaponics :) I've been interested in this for quite sometime and now have a better idea of how to get started! 

What I'll be doing:
1. Dining room project. I'm either going to build a simple console table or a "nook"/day bed style seating for under our larger window with drawers to discretely house dining accessories (tableclothes, cloth napkins, table decor, etc). I feel ambitious and want to do it on my own... haha, we'll see what the husband says.
Either this:
or this

 What I'm looking at:

Of course, as usual:

1 comment:

  1. On your dayseat or console...why not both. Thanks for sharing this blog. Yes to the directions on the coasters.

    ReplyDelete